This site is capable of exporting iCalendar file (.ics) in order to integrate this calendar into your electronic personal agenda (Google calendar, Outlook, cell phone...). You can use this file to manually import events into you personal agenda. Also, if your agenda allows it, you can register to this site calendar in order to automatically receive the events and modifications in your personal agenda.
Here is a summary of the possibilities allowing you to integrate the site calendar with the most popular agenda:
- Android phone
- Blackberry phone
- Google Calendar
You can setup your iPhone so it automatically synchronize its calendar with the site calendar.
In your iPhone settings, in the section Mail, Contacts, Calendar, select Add Account
- Add Subscribed Calendar
- Enter the following server name:
- if it is indicated that the server name cannot be verified, it is OK. Just click OK and on NEXT.
- if it is requested if you want to configure you account without SSL, this is OK. Just click on NEXT.
Also in your settings, in the section Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Fetch New Data, Fetch, select Every 30 minutes or Hourly
If you have an Android phone, you need to install a small application that will allow to synchronise of the iCalendar file with your phone. In summary, this application regurlaly read the site iCalendar file in order to add the changes to your phone calendar.
There are many of these applications available. Some suggestions are ICalSync2, ICSSync et iCal Import/Export 2.1. We are recommending ICalSync2.
ICalSync2 (free application with automatic sync)
Once installed, this small application allows you to import and automatically synchronize events of your site in your phone calendar.
- Once installed, open the application and select 'show sync accounts'. The settings of your Android phone will now open.
- Select the Accounts tab, and then add an account.
- Select ICalSyc2 from the list .
- In the account settings, you must specify a name and a color for your calendar. Let the type of calendar at 'New Calendar.
- Under the section 'Source Type', ensure that the type of source is set to 'URL'.
- Then select the URL '(chose a url) 'and then select 'URL (adress to enter i-cal file)' and copy paste the following address:
- Under the section 'Synchronisation', uncheck the box for Keep local changes. You can also choose the synchronisation interval. We suggest 30 minutes, or 1 hour.
- You can change other settings if you wish, such as the synchronization interval. Once complete, press 'save'.
- Once the initial synchronization is complete, a new calenar has been added to your phone with the name you gave it and the events of it are added to your S Calendar.
- Note 1: Make sure that you hit the Save button when you are making a change in the iCalSync2 settings. It happens often that the change is not done even if we think it is done.
- Note 2: If you cannot activate the synchronisation option for your calendars, ensure that the 'Background Data' option is ON in your phone or tablet settings.
ICSSync (not free but automatic synchro)
Once installed, this small application will allow you to import and automatically future calendar changes into your phone calendar. If you use ICSSync, configure the following options once installed on your phone:
- Add feed, specifies the following address:
- Ensure that option << Read only >> is checked.
- Ensure that option << Skip certificate check >> is checked
- Configure the synchronization interval to a suitable time (30 minutes).
- In your phone calendar, you should be able to select the calendar you just added in ICSSync.
iCal Import/Export 2.1 (free app but manual synchro). Make sure you use version 2.1
If you use iCal Import/Export 2.1, setup the following options once the application is installed:
- Create Calendar
- Display Name & Name: Your site name (ex: SDMHA)
- Owner: Your name.
- Click on Create Calendar
- Check Internet
- In the URL box, enter:
- DO NOT check Requires basic http....
- Click on Check Connection to verify the connection
- Check Delete All entries before inserting?
At this point, the import process will start. Once completed, the events will be inserted in your phone calendar.
IMPORTANT NOTE: With ICS importer/exporter 2.1, you will need to repeat this process to synchronise your calendar with the latest modifications of your site calendar.
You can setup your Blackberry so it automatically synchronize its calendar with the site calendar.
3- Add an account
4- Calendar to register
6- Calendar name:
You can setup your Google Calendar in order to include the calendar event of your site calendar.
- Click on the small down arrow beside OTHER CALENDARS et select the option ADD BY URL.
- Enter the following address:
Attention: Google calendar is slow to synchronize with a calendar that is added by URL.It can take up to 24 hours for your Google Calendar to be updated when modifications are done on the site calendar. This is a limitation of the Google calendar.